Staff Writer + Copy Editor + Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
- Copy editing and publishing daily web stories and vids;
- Copy editing and assisting with research on feature stories, longer-lead projects, investigations and op-eds;
- Developing and maintaining a style guide that reflects VIVISXN‘s voice and values;
- Acting as an agent for style and standards on the desk;
- Monitoring copy for frequent style errors and working with section editors and writers to improve posts and workflow.
Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
→ You make sure our expanding platform and verticals run smoothly and fast 24/7, a.k.a. → infrastructure security overseer.
As an SRE, you will monitor and maintain VIVISXN’s systems to preempt problems before they ever handicap workflows or slow up the site. You will fuse engineering experience and a commitment to improve existing systems and processes with the creativity to develop novel solutions to evolving challenges.
Our team strives to automate processes wherever possible, using whatever tools are best for the job. Responsibilities include: architecting systems for new implementations of VIVISXN, administering co-located servers (including hardware troubleshooting), maintaining database platforms, and troubleshooting glitches when they arise. The mission: to advance the way our hardware, software, and network solutions are deployed to minimize failure rates and increase overall system reliability.
- We want you to have: experience with Linux system administration (RHEL or CentOS preferred).
- Experience with monitoring systems using tools like Nagios and writing health checks.
- Practical experience managing databases or search engines, such as Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra or ElasticSearch.
- Ability to debug performance problems in complex distributed systems.
- Interest in learning and utilizing newer technologies like Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra, and ElasticSearch.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Unwavering commitment to operational security and best practices.
- Experience with system management tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- Knowledge of server hardware and/or experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Familiarity with information security standards and best practices.
VIVISXN is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster / EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Submit resume + cover letter here
VIVISXN MEDIA – Art + Fashion + Tech + Music + Pop Culture + 深度学习 + AI + Machine Learning